Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Raw Honey. How Sweet It Is!

For the record, I have not joined the raw food revolution. I know that many people swear by a raw food diet. Good for them. 


I do happen to enjoy eating most of my veggies raw or as close to it as possible. I prefer them that way. I do not however, go out of my way to create whole meal plans around raw food.

There is something I am going out of the way for now though. It's honey. Raw honey to be precise.
This first started about a year ago when I had a sore throat so bad I couldn't swallow. I had recently heard about the rave of raw honey and we happened to have some in the house. Well, like I often do I experimented with this new finding. I took about a tablespoon of raw honey and since it was in a solidified state, I put it in the very back of my throat and let it melt there. It immediately started to soothe it. As I often do, I waited to see if it would just temporarily help or if it promised to be more therapeutic than I ever though to give it credit for.



About 2 minutes after the honey was long gone from my throat, I still felt better! It was the middle of the night. This sore throat was so bad it had woke me up, so I went back to bed for a while. By morning, I still had a slight sore throat so I applied another tablespoon of the raw honey and again let it melt. I then followed it up with a cup of hot water, fresh lemon juice for extra antibacterial power and continued to drink water throughout the day. By evening I didn't have a sign of a sore throat. That was a while ago and recently once again, the health benefits of raw honey was in the headlines. I purchased some and I've made it a point to consume a tablespoon or so a day just for overall health.

Go ahead! Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment