Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Coconut Oil For Weight Loss?

I remember as a kid in the 70s and 80s, my mom went through this health nut phase. We weren't allowed to eat chocolate. We had to switch to carob ( sorry but yuck). We never saw white flour again, (that was a good thing!) we ate only whole wheat and bran.
Sugary cereals were short lived. I have vague memories of Cap'n Crunch and Corn Pops. Other than that it was shredded wheat, oatmeal, nutrigrain waffles. We ate margarine instead of butter.

We were told that was healthier. My mom believed it (she shudders to think of that now!) The headlines at the time screamed "stay away from palm oil, coconut oil, coconut oil got an especially bad rap.

So we - like most Americans at the time, believed the headlines and the fear mongers and steered clear of everything but the healthier choice, margarine.

But since then, the facts have come out thankfully. The headlines were wrong. Coconut oil in its unrefined, unprocessed, "virgin" state is one of THE healthiest oils we can consume- just as the video above explains. Not only is it a fantastic cooking oil because it does excellent in medium to high temps, it is also wonderful on your skin! Few things can moisturize better!

The first time I heard someone say they cook scrambled eggs with coconut oil I thought they had cracked, until I tried it. Oh, I've never made them with any other oil since. Seriously! One time I made brownies and replaced all of the other fats with coconut oil instead. Dee-lish! Who doesn't love a hint of coconut in their chocolate anyway! I even "greased" the pan with coconut oil.

I love the taste of coconut oil in just about anything. The fact that it's loaded with health benefits is definitely a plus! Try some today! You will be glad you did!




No comments:

Post a Comment